It’s time to celebrate the unofficial start of summer! Dust off the grill, get out the patio furniture and start planning the best Memorial Day party yet!
- Stand out with a signature drink. A fun and inventive way to add some personality to your party, signature drinks can be based on anything you want. Name it after yourself, get inspired by a favorite flavor or theme it around an upcoming holiday. You can create your own drink or just take a staple and re-name it (no one has to know).
- Protect everyone from the sun. We all think about sun protection in the peak summer months, but the sun’s rays are just as dangerous when it’s not as hot outside. Provide a basket of sunscreen (bug spray is another nice addition) and add an umbrella or some other shaded outdoor seating to ensure the food is the only thing at the party getting crispy.
- Get your game on. Get everyone up and active with some great outdoor games! Go with a classic like corn hole or get creative with some backyard Twister. Get even more ideas for outdoor games here.
- Set up a candy bar. A huge trend for weddings, this is an idea that translates perfectly to any event. Set up a candy station and let everyone create their own baggie of treats. It’s like trick-or-treat for adults! Just make sure any of the more melt-able items are kept in a shady spot.
- Create a selfie station. Another wedding trend that can be used at any event, selfie stations are a spot designated for taking photos. Either choose an area that’s already got a great backdrop, or go all out and create a background yourself. Then provide a selection of props (hats, glasses and fake mustaches are some favorites) and you’ll have tons of hilarious photos to remember the amazing barbecue you hosted.