It’s the first weekend of spring, but the temperature is still a little cool out there. So what can you do ’til things warm up a bit?
– Give your garden a jumpstart by planting seeds for warm weather veggies indoors. You can still get your hands dirty in the warmth of your own kitchen by planting seeds for tomatoes, peppers and squash. While you’re at it, create a beautiful garden filled with daisies, roses, carnations, etc to get that real fresh spring scent!
– Revamp your wardrobe and organize those closets by storing bulky sweaters, coats, hats, scarves and boots to make room for your spring things. When cooler weather returns (gulp), it will be that much easier to make the switch! Another way to easily organize is a storage bed! It’s a great investment in future cluttering problems.
– Swap out heavier blankets and quilts for lighter and brighter linens. Grab some accent pillows that are seasonal as well. The least expensive decor item can make the biggest difference in your space. Grab a few floral and brightly colored pillows to add a touch of spring!
– De-clutter your space by purging your home of the paper, magazines and things you’ve let gather dust during the winter months. It not only makes the place look cleaner and more open, but having excess clutter gone feels better too! Try storage ottomans and bookcases to keep the clutter at bay.
– Show your windows a little love by removing indoor smudges and dust and let the sunshine in! The days are getting longer. Why not enjoy every drop of daylight you can? Window dressing makes all the difference too! Choose curtains that are bright and airy so they can let the light in even when they’re closed!