Whether you work from home full-time or need a comfortable place to browse Facebook for hours, we’ve got the tips you need to create the perfect home office.
- Let the outlets be your guide. When first deciding how to arrange your home office, use the outlets as your starting point. You won’t get much use out of a desk that needs to stretch an extension cord across the room to power your computer, phone, laptop, desk lamp and more.
- Storage from floor to ceiling. It’s usually the smallest room in the house that gets designated as the home office. Make the most of every inch of space!
- Invest in a great office chair. Unless you’re one of those fancy standing desk folks, you and your office chair are going to end up spending many hours together. Make sure you get one that’s supportive and ergonomically designed to keep you comfortable and in good alignment.
- Create the right feel with color. Did you know colors actually have the power to affect your moods? Instead of plain white walls, find a color that sets the tone for your work style. Whether it’s a relaxing blue or energetic yellow, the color of the space can have a big impact on how you work in the room.
- Room with a view. Give yourself something inspiring to look at. If you’re lucky enough to have a window with a beautiful view to gaze out for inspiration, great. If not, add art, books, famous quotes. Anything that will put you at ease when you’re feeling stressed or perhaps give you that spark of motivation you need.
- Add personal touches. Your home office is just that: yours. The room can be anything you want! From a traditional desk to bean bag chairs, it’s all about how you work best (unless you have a lot of clients visiting, then maybe normal chairs would be best).