When we think of home improvements, we usually picture sledgehammers and sawdust, but some super small changes to your home can really have a huge impact on the look and feel of your space.
- Update (or create) an entryway: Even though you only pass through this part of the house, the right entryway can make the difference between an easy or stressful start to your day. Whether it’s a few hooks or a whole storage bench, having a place to always keep your coat and keys can be just the thing you need to start your day off right.
- Replace your lightbulbs: Brighten up a dark kitchen or soften your favorite reading corner. It’s amazing what a little more (or a little less) light can do for a space. Replace those old bulbs with LED lights and immediately notice the difference in the look and feel of the room.
- Hang a mirror: An instant room expansion without tearing down a single wall. Mirrors open up and brighten your space while also adding a touch of design.
- Refresh with flowers: Next time you’re grabbing some groceries, grab some flowers to bring a little life – literally – to your home’s design. Think of them as an accent in your room that can swap out colors and styles depending on your mood.
- Color code your closet: This is a super simple trick that takes a little more work at first, but once it’s done, maintaining it will automatically make your closet more organized without a single extra shelf. Hanging all your clothes together by color will make planning your outfits so much more simple. Want to take it to the next level? The first time you put everything into color categories, turn the hanger backwards. Then, if after 6 months you haven’t worn the item on the hanger, your know it’s time to donate it!