There is nothing more relaxing than tranquil day sitting by the ocean. The warm sea breezes and calming ocean sounds just sooth the soul. While most of us aren’t lucky enough to live by the ocean everyday, we can recreate those beach house vibes with a few simple design tricks. Check out our favorite ways to turn your home into your own oceanfront estate:
- Use light neutral colors as your base. If you’ve ever stayed at a beach house (or even if you’ve just seen photos) one thing they all have in common is that they’re light and bright! That means keeping walls and the large items of furniture (like sofas or dining room tables) light in color.
- Accessorize with ocean shades. Nature is the best designer around! The great thing about ocean shades is that they all naturally go together. So your room can be full of different shades sea greens, sky blues and sandy tans and still have a cohesive design.
- Be as literal as you like. If there is one type of decor that really lends itself to a literal interpretation, it’s a beach theme! Feel free to fill your space with sea shells, reef designs, jars filled with sand and more. They all just add to the feeling that the beach is right outside your door!
- Function is as important as fashion. While looking for pieces to fill your room, remember that the design also needs to work for your day to day life. You may find a sofa that’s the perfect style and color, but it won’t do much good if it’s not a comfortable and practical choice for your lifestyle.
- A little wear and tear is okay. Rustic isn’t just for country designs. A great coastal design should incorporate some rustic elements that evoke the feeling of a well-worn dock.
As the song says, “everything’s better” under the sea. We may not be able to live under the sea, but you can get the next best thing with our Under the Sea Collection.