Presented by Value City Furniture and Allstate
We know furniture. Allstate knows how to move it. Check out their helpful tips and detailed moving countdown to make sure your next move is the smoothest yet!
Helpful Moving Tips:
1. Don’t just label items, label rooms. That way boxes end up in the right place.
2. Towels and linens can double as packing materials. Use them to wrap household items.
3. Many neighborhoods require permits for street parking. Make sure to purchase any applicable permits before you move.
4. Life goes on while you prepare to move. Set reminders on your phone for important dates and events.
Moving Countdown Calendar of Events:
8 Weeks Away:
- Begin packing. The time goes by faster than you think.
- Arrange movers. Whether friends or professionals, lock down help now.
- Reserve the truck. The right transportation is key to a smooth move.
- Start saving. Make a moving budget and stick with it.
4 Weeks Away:
- Notify the post office. Change of address requests can be done easily online.
- Setup utilities. Transfer your services to the new address.
- Don’t miss an issue. Update any newspaper or magazine subscriptions.
2 Weeks Away:
- Confirm everything. Double check movers and truck rentals.
- Inspect the home you’re leaving. Make any necessary repairs now so that moving day is all about the new place.
1 Day Away:
- Do laundry. It’s the last thing you’ll want to worry about right after you move.
- Clean. Wipe down surfaces and run the vacuum one last time.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. You’ll need the fuel to make it through the day.
- Track receipts. Keep copies for when tax time comes around.
- Take care. Stay hydrated and give yourself plenty of breaks.
Want even more great tips? Check out the Allstate Moving Guide at blog.allstate.com.